Terms & Conditions for Participating Lawyers, IP Attorneys/Agents
All new accounts of Participating Lawyers have to be initially reviewed and approved by the company. This process can take some time and involve requesting for additional information and documents to be provided. Upon approval of your account, you will be notified and can start to use the Website according to your subscription plan and access level.
By registering as a Participating Lawyer, IP Attorney/Agent and keeping your account on our platform active, you expressly confirm that:
- you are an employee or partner of the law firm;
- you are entitled to practice and offer legal services in the jurisdiction(s) where the law office you work for is located;
- your employer (the law firm you work for) has no objection to your registration as a Participating Lawyer on the Website; and
- all the information in your profile is accurate and up-to-date.
- all your professional fees for services offered through our website will be subject to 20% Commission.
You also confirm that while using the Website you will conduct yourself appropriately at all times and in accordance with applicable law, and the regulations, codes of conduct and professional rules of any regulatory or governing body which has jurisdiction over the delivery of your services.
You are fully responsible for the access to and use of the Website as a Participating Lawyer, IP Attorney/Agent. It is solely your responsibility to ensure that any information you post or place on the Website (including without limitation any Legal Information), and any communications you may have with prospective clients through the Communications Services, fully complies with all applicable laws and rules of professional conduct, including those concerning the unauthorised practice of law and those regulating the form, manner or content of communications with clients.
You are only permitted to upload a photo headshot of yourself to your lawyer profile. Photos that include any text, including a law firm or other third-party branding, animals, landscapes, plants, other objects, or cartoons may be removed at our discretion.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Africa Legal Tech is a technology company, not a law firm or provider of legal services;
- neither the company nor any of its officers, agents or employees are in any way liable for any liability or obligation of a client introduced to you through the Website;
- nothing about your relationship with the company will have the effect of constituting any relationship of partners, principal and agent or employer and employee;
- registration as a Participating Lawyer, IP Attorney/Agent does not establish any joint venture, trust, fiduciary or other relationship between you and the company, other than the contractual relationship expressly provided for in these Terms;
- you have no authority to make any commitments on behalf of Africa Legal Tech FZCO.
The company may, from time to time, update and amend these Terms at its discretion. By using or continuing to use or access the Website after any revisions have come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
For any comments and inquiries, you can contact Africa Legal Tech FZCO on email@example.com.